Culture Moves Europe connects artists, creators, and cultural professionals from the countries participating in the Creative Europe program. The mobility scheme is particularly focused on emerging artists.
The scheme builds on the outcomes of I-Portunus pilot phase, that preceded Culture Moves Europe from 2018 to 2022. You can find detailed information and testimonials from beneficiaries of I-Portunus.
Culture Moves Europe has a budget of €21 million between 2022 and 2025. This allows around 7 000 artists, creators, and cultural professionals to
- go abroad for professional development or international collaborations
- present their works to new audiences
This program has different mobility strands
- Individual mobilities action: For individual artists and cultural professionals traveling between 7 and 60 days or groups of individuals (up to 5 persons traveling between 7 and 21 days).
Rolling calls for all sectors at once will be open every year between autumn and spring.
- Residencies action
- short term residencies from 1 to 3 months
- long term residencies from 3 to 6 months
- extended residencies up to 10 months
Calls for each sector will be open twice during the duration of the scheme.
The scheme is open for
- artists, creators, and cultural professionals working in any cultural sector except the audio-visual sector
- organizations working in any cultural sectors except the audio-visual, regularly organising residencies or other types of place-bound cultural projects and are interested in hosting artists and cultural professionals.